Great Bear Wax Co.
By 2017, Great Bear Wax Co. had reached cult-like status.
With candles in stores across all fifty states including national retailers Anthropologie and PacSun, it was time to update the brand identity and packaging and show the world that this Birmingham, Alabama-based operation had grown from an artisanal/craft brand to a disruptor in the candle industry.
The previous logotype had strong brand recognition but a refresh was needed. There were several areas that needed improvement.
1. The weight of the letterforms were inconsistent: Bold capital letters and top heavy E’s.
2. The bold script was difficult to read at small sizes.
3. The loop at the top of the G and the A’s were distracting and made the script feel too ornate.
4. The cross stroke of the T sat too high.
5. The stacked type was off balance and difficult to work with in application.
Along with the rebrand, Great Bear Wax Co launched the Traveler Candle sets, new candle series that allows customers to take their favorite scents on the road. These candles are sold in curated bundles that make your beach house, your tent in the woods, or your hotel room a little more homey.
Custom inspection stamps were created to add character to the packaging and relay to customers the different scent offerings.